Patient recruitment has historically been one of the most difficult challenges facing the clinical research industry. Cedar Health Research and Aspen Insights are solving the clinical trial recruitment gap by finding “needles in a haystack” with advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The Recruitment Problem
Sites and Sponsors often face several barriers when recruiting for clinical trials, regardless of the study indication. These factors include limited access to a qualified patient population, the inability to identify key characteristics of potential volunteers and challenges with engaging qualified and interested subjects. Additionally, limited physician engagement can make finding qualified candidates even more challenging.
With a patient population of over 300,000 individual lives being referred from over 30 physician EMR patient databases within the Cedar Health Research network, trial recruitment feasibility and probability increase dramatically. The AI technology developed by Aspen Insights and leveraged by Cedar Health Research improves the clinical trial model by leveraging direct partnerships with community-based private practices to locate and enroll qualified study volunteers faster and more reliably.
Artificial Intelligence in Clinical Trials
Aspen Insights is a next-generation technology provider that is changing how researchers find trial patients. Aspen Insights’ AI technology delivers instantaneous, methodical, and accurate patient-trial match results. Locating and enrolling qualified study volunteers is accomplished in several ways:
Trial Criteria Analysis
- Data Engineering – Raw patient data creates consistent, accurate, and useful representations.
- Language and Text-based Understanding – Aspen Insights technology is designed to automatically read and understand millions of clinical terms and phrases across datasets of any size.
- Manifold learning – Machine learning reveals both global and local structures of data.
- Ontology Fusion – Domain-specific knowledge compiled over years of industry learning presents viable results.
- Probabilistic Decision Making – The technology compiles a list of matching patients based on inclusion and exclusion criteria overlap with each patient’s clinical record.
- Nearest Patient Search – Given desired patient attributes, the database locates and presents patients with the most similar clinical records, instantly.
Transform Clinical Trial Recruitment
At Cedar Health Research, it is our mission to transform the clinical research domain through the effective adoption of innovative technologies. Cedar Health Research, with the power of Aspen Insights technology, can provide superior feasibility and enrollment results through artificial intelligence capabilities that have never been leveraged before.
If you are a Sponsor and CRO and would like to leverage Cedar Health Research as an end-to-end site-network solution for your upcoming clinical trials, please contact us today.
To get in touch, contact us at (214) 253-8170 or CLICK HERE to fill out a contact form.